Coffee Break
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goodnight, my angel, sleep tight AMY DAD'S MOVING TRIBUTE AT WINEHOUSE FUNERAL

+54
Deefur
RedDevilAlways
number0ne
MEGATRONICS
Vencedor
Madmax007
deejay123
Theresa-75
Yardmanforlife
missa
Mindy
JASJEE
spking
Martin
Erick
tattoochickuk
MsFaith
luskentyre
Joy99
Simonstore
doodle55
SusanCoyote
Sammi08
saz01
lola2512
Drylaundry
Bloodangel
Crispies
Mufc19rule
Ykoz
Linsell
Jellybelly1969@
champagne_fizz
Gcrow77
Ste_A_B_W
Jayke1981
mickb44
Laplander
Mickimoo
llw85
Stumpy_CGS
waggy1
thehoffmeister
paddy105
Bigwill69
TheArchitect
whatthehell
basil1234
angiemc
gotnips
Wireman999
Melspearls
charlaay777
Scanner
58 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Goodnight, my angel, sleep tight AMY DAD'S MOVING TRIBUTE AT WINEHOUSE FUNERAL  - Page 2 Empty Re: Goodnight, my angel, sleep tight AMY DAD'S MOVING TRIBUTE AT WINEHOUSE FUNERAL

Post  JASJEE Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:18 am

sad for her family and friends

But lets get it in context.

She did choose to take a highly addictive illegal potentially lethal substance and then become addicted.
She did choose to drink very very heavy
She did appear in court only 3 years ago after being arrested for violence whilst intoxicated on drink and drugs at a charity due
She did get arrested in Norway, and found guilty in court over drug offences

JASJEE

Back to top Go down

Goodnight, my angel, sleep tight AMY DAD'S MOVING TRIBUTE AT WINEHOUSE FUNERAL  - Page 2 Empty Re: Goodnight, my angel, sleep tight AMY DAD'S MOVING TRIBUTE AT WINEHOUSE FUNERAL

Post  Mindy Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:19 am

She seemed to lead such a sorrowful and lonely existance. I wonder if she had any idea how many people loved her, and were pulling for her to shake her demons? RIP Amy-and thank you for everything you gave us.

Mindy

Back to top Go down

Post  missa Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:19 am

May you now be at peace Amy....thoughts are with your family. Must be terribly hard as 27 is no age xxx

missa

Back to top Go down

Post  Yardmanforlife Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:20 am

when you bring up this reoccuring issue about norway remember,It's not about significance it's about relevance.
Amy Winehouse is a lot more relevant to most people (having listened to her music, read about her in the papers, MILLIONS will have seen her perform) than a group of strangers from a place most people have never been.
I could have a go at people for not also mentioning the train crash in China which killed at least 32 people and left many injured. Clearly that isn't relevant to many

Yardmanforlife

Back to top Go down

Post  Theresa-75 Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:20 am

i hope she didnt die in vain.....the new face of FRANK. R.I.P Amy xx

Theresa-75

Back to top Go down

Post  deejay123 Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:43 am

To be honest i do not feel sorry for Amy..why? because she choose to take drugs even though she knew what the outcome might be, there are warnings about drugs which she completely ignored....from what we've heard and read, she pushed anyone that wanted to help her away. i listened to an interview by her dad on 5live, when he talked about how they've tried to help her but she pushed them all away and even went on to release a song about her refusing to go to rehab. That been said, she was a very talented young lady and i hope people remember her for her singing ability not all the drama that followed her. I hope others will learn from her mistakes. Rest in Peace.

deejay123

Back to top Go down

Post  Madmax007 Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:44 am

RIP Amy...my thoughts go out to her family, its just so sad.

Madmax007

Back to top Go down

Post  Vencedor Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:44 am

sad, but comparing her to an angel is going a bit too far...

Vencedor

Back to top Go down

Post  MEGATRONICS Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:47 am

I remember being in my early twenties, living in camberwell south east london... buying her album, "Frank", and falling in love. I'm so sad she is gone, but her untimely passing is reminding me that life is short and you have to live, love, and go after your dreams. RIP Amy. Thank you so much, i'll never forget you. xxx

MEGATRONICS

Back to top Go down

Post  number0ne Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:47 am

Nobody has any respect anymore..........let this poor girl R.I.P

number0ne

Back to top Go down

Post  RedDevilAlways Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:48 am

My grandad was cremated here and his memorial stone is just below Marc Bolans. I am sure he will have a good laugh with Amy.RIP My dear!

RedDevilAlways

Back to top Go down

Post  Deefur Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:48 am

As the father or a 27 year old myself I can only imagine the grief he is suffering.
But please lets not lose sight of the issue here, my daughter doesn't do drugs, and doesn't really even drink, but she smokes cigarettes, something which I hate, but I can't make her give up.
The choice is hers, like Amy's was to stop the drugs.
The message here is simple, don't start taking drugs of any sort,then your families won't have to go through this for you.
R.I.P. Amy, If only you listened.

Deefur

Back to top Go down

Post  exservice Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:49 am

deejay123 wrote:To be honest i do not feel sorry for Amy..why? because she choose to take drugs even though she knew what the outcome might be, there are warnings about drugs which she completely ignored....from what we've heard and read, she pushed anyone that wanted to help her away. i listened to an interview by her dad on 5live, when he talked about how they've tried to help her but she pushed them all away and even went on to release a song about her refusing to go to rehab. That been said, she was a very talented young lady and i hope people remember her for her singing ability not all the drama that followed her. I hope others will learn from her mistakes. Rest in Peace.

She was 27 yrs old,a bit harsh to say you feel no sympathy just because she took drugs.Maybe if you read what her father said,she was off drugs,and the police found no evidence of drink or drugs at her flat you will see that she was trying. An addiction is an illness,the person may not want it but the body craves it.I am a grandmother but can still find it in my heart to feel desperately sad for anyone who has an addiction,I would hazard a guess that all those with your view have not had themselves or a family member suffer from drink or drug abuse? The interview with her dad was, I believe ,about 5 yrs ago. RIP Amy and condolences to her family and friends.

exservice

Back to top Go down

Post  Sonnesun Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:50 am

I don't really know her music and I do feel sad for tragic amy and her family. But a friend of mine made a good point to me the other day. He doesn't feel sorry for her, because with her wealth she was able to afford to book herself quickly into The Priory for a week to start detox the same day whenever she needed to. But addicts with little money would have to wait a longtime on a long list for treatment. So in her subconcious she was likely thinking "well if I continue to drink and take drugs I can afford to just go book myself back into The Priory clinic for detox straight away to recieve the best treatment to get clean whenever it gets too tough". This would give her a little less incentive for proper rehab to quit altogether especially whilst she was still surrounded by drinks and drugs around the wrong people who works in the same line of business as hers. R.I.P Amy.

Sonnesun

Back to top Go down

Post  Whatnext Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:51 am

No disrespect to the family R.I.P AMY but reality check time this story has had more coverage over the last 3 days than our troops get when there killed and Afghanistan a soldier gets killed they get a little story put in the papers then forgotten about the next day which i find really sad after all there fighting for our country all she did was get drunk take drugs and made a fool of here self just to get attention maybe she was working on here 3rd album but really what has she done in-between the last one and now compare that to our troops she,s not done a lot

Whatnext

Back to top Go down

Post  Luke Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:51 am

R.I.P ur music live's on in us all grate proforma lost sight of her ways but gone to a better place and will be the person we remembered n lissend to paved the way for meny ! R.I.P u will be missed by the world !

Luke

Back to top Go down

Post  doodle55 Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:52 am

Whatnext wrote:No disrespect to the family R.I.P AMY but reality check time this story has had more coverage over the last 3 days than our troops get when there killed and Afghanistan a soldier gets killed they get a little story put in the papers then forgotten about the next day which i find really sad after all there fighting for our country all she did was get drunk take drugs and made a fool of here self just to get attention maybe she was working on here 3rd album but really what has she done in-between the last one and now compare that to our troops she,s not done a lot

No disrespect to you, but part of your job is to die fighting for our country - as sad as it is when that happens, that's a career choice! If you want fame and to be in Newspapers do something in the public eye! Personally as a Brit I find war totally unnecessary and quite disgusting. I don't want to read about what happens when men fight with guns. Also that has NOTHING to do with this page, which is to pay respects to a young girl, not attack the country for not supporting war!

doodle55

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2