Coffee Break
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

J-Lo: Marriage is hard but I still dream of love

+6
Ste_A_B_W
Farfetch
bryanddd
Cb1000r
lilliani
Scanner
10 posters

Go down

J-Lo: Marriage is hard but I still dream of love  Empty J-Lo: Marriage is hard but I still dream of love

Post  Scanner Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

JENNIFER Lopez has admitted that "marriage is hard" in her first interview since splitting from Marc Anthony.
But the American Idol judge says she still believes in love despite having three failed marriages behind her.

The 42-year-old singer told Vanity Fair magazine: "This was the hardest decision I've ever had to face.

"I really wanted this family to work. That was my biggest dream, and I worked hard at it. We both did.

"Sometimes it doesn't work - and that's sad. But I remain an eternal optimist about love. I believe in love...It's still my biggest dream.

"I am positive - determined to move forward with my life, bring up my babies, and do the best job I can as a mother, entertainer, and person.

"I now look forward to new challenges. I feel strong."

But she said she'll always have a "special place in her heart" for Marc, 42.

She said: "I will always respect Marc as a singer and performer. We actually work great together, and he was always very supportive.

"Together we could make magic - and we did. He will always be in our lives. He will always hold a special place in my heart as the father of my children."

But she said she decided to leave the marriage when she realised he wasn't "good" for her.

She added: "I'm a hopeless romantic and passionate person when it comes to love. It's not that I didn't love myself before. Sometimes we don't realise that we are compromising ourselves.

"To understand that a person is not good for you, or that that person is not treating you in the right way, or that he is not doing the right thing for himself - if I stay, then I am not doing the right thing for me.

"I love myself enough to walk away from that now."

Some of the interview with J-Lo - who was also married to Ojani Noa and Cris Judd - took place before her split last month, but she hinted at the breakdown of the relationship.

Talking about getting a good balance between work, their children and their marriage, she said: "We try, we try. But it's getting increasingly harder. When we were first married, most of the time, and even before the babies were born, we were able to go everywhere together.

"I wasn't working as much. So we kind of had that. I went on tour with him a few times in the first few years of our marriage, and we did a film El Cantante together. It's hard, and we're figuring it out. It's tough.

"And everything is ramping up in a way. Like I said, we had the first three years of our marriage just for us. I wasn't working, it was mainly about him. Then we got pregnant. Then it became about the kids. And then I started working again."

J-Lo, who has twins Max and Emme with Marc, added: "Marriage is tough. It's not going to be perfect...It's definitely challenging."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/3729079/J-Lo-Marriage-is-hard-but-I-still-dream-of-love.html
Scanner
Scanner

Back to top Go down

J-Lo: Marriage is hard but I still dream of love  Empty Re: J-Lo: Marriage is hard but I still dream of love

Post  lilliani Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:03 am

its okay jennifer, one day it wil be urs.

lilliani

Back to top Go down

J-Lo: Marriage is hard but I still dream of love  Empty Re: J-Lo: Marriage is hard but I still dream of love

Post  Cb1000r Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:04 am

Even if the opportunity arose... I would NEVER marry that woman, she's WAY too up her own Bum.
Cb1000r
Cb1000r

Back to top Go down

Post  bryanddd Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:06 am

Ugh. Nothing like hanging out your dirty laundry in public, eh! Ms.Lopez, you are overrated and overpaid. You should be thankful that you're still around.

bryanddd

Back to top Go down

Post  Farfetch Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:07 am

Funny, she split up just 2 weeks ago yet somehow she's managed to get a whole magazine interview & new photoshoot arranged, planned and done in that time, when magazines would normally have their magazine already set and ready for printing to get it to the shops in time.

I wonder whether this split was planned in advance and the magazine was given the exclusive so she could get her good PR in and sell her side before any other stories break...

Either way, whatever she thinks or says, she's still an out of touch diva and good luck to any future husband.

Farfetch

Back to top Go down

Post  Farfetch Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:08 am

jeebus she's so full of crap, honestly. Did she hire a scriptwriter for that naff?

Farfetch

Back to top Go down

Post  Ste_A_B_W Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:09 am

JLo: "I loved myself enough to walk away from marriage." She’s “loved herself enough” 3 times now. Any more self-loving & she’ll go blind.

Ste_A_B_W

Back to top Go down

Post  ChelseyB Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:10 am

Marriage is not hard if you love each other

ChelseyB

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnMourad Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:11 am

To be honest: her husband was really ugly. Not that she is gorgeous, but given her fame and money, she could land a better man: younger and more handsome. What bothers me, though, is the fact that she's very much used meaning that she has so much love baggage hanging on her shoulder which doesn't entice men in general. She will always be blamed for that.

My prognosis is: She will go from one man to another without ultimately getting married. She will reach the age of Madonna and marriage would be an illusive thing. She will continue to enjoy fame for some more years until she becomes old enough not to be able to pull out a contract or tour.

As for me: I find her not an attractive woman. She's average. As for her singing, I think she's also average if not a bit below. But look at her: she's been rewarded unfairly by life's unfair bounties.

JohnMourad

Back to top Go down

Post  thehoffmeister Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:12 am

He is seriously uuuuuuggggllllyyy - she's still Jenny from the block after all lets she if she starts dating another a-lister tomorrow

thehoffmeister

Back to top Go down

Post  Irish_gent61 Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:12 am

Well Jennifer, I am still single and am more than willing to make your fourth marriage your final one!!!

Irish_gent61

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down