Coffee Break
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solo Dappy has No Regrets

+7
gemwilz
FabulousFabregas
diamond_angel
Cb1000r
Scoop73
Mimicapleton
Scanner
11 posters

Go down

Solo Dappy has No Regrets Empty Solo Dappy has No Regrets

Post  Scanner Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:34 am

THE video for Dappy's first solo effort has hit the web.
And it has the feel of something that rap superstar Eminem would produce.

It shows the story of a single mum turning her life around by training as a nurse and a boxer training to win a match.

Filmed in Los Angeles, it has Dappy singing outside weatherboard houses and on top of a skyscraper.

In No Regrets, the N-Dubz star namechecks celebs as diverse as Kurt Cobain, Chris Brown, Michael Caine and Richard Branson.

He includes nods to Cheryl Cole's Promise This and the Oasis song, Whatever.

And he mentions movies The King's Speech and Back to The Future.

He even has a cheeky pop at the Royal newlyweds, saying: "I'm a prince.. Yes I will.. Get the crown. Kate stays in my dungeon when her sister's round."

The single charts the rise of the 24-year-old singer and rapper, with the lines, "I came from nothing. Some kid in Camden."

And it refers to Chris Brown's conviction after his assault on Rihanna and the tragic suicide of the Nirvana frontman.

It includes the lyrics: "Chris Brown, you know I feel your pain 'cos I done been through it. I'm Kurt Cobain but I just couldn't do it.'

With Tulisa taking on a new role as X Factor judge and Fazer recording his own material, N-Dubz are currently on a break.

Dappy is the first band member to release his own track.

The multi-talented Londoner writes, raps and sings his own songs and recently had a dig at chart-topping shirkers.

He said: "People who don't write their own songs shouldn't be allowed to release them in the charts. We've come from nothing and wrote all our own stuff.

"Those who only feel they can rap and then let someone else do the chorus, that's cheating as well.

"Do the whole tune, three-and-a-half minutes by yourself and I'll take you seriously."

And with a song like this, his solo chart bid should be taken very seriously indeed.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/3735929/Solo-Dappy-has-No-Regrets.html
Scanner
Scanner

Back to top Go down

Solo Dappy has No Regrets Empty Re: Solo Dappy has No Regrets

Post  Mimicapleton Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:26 am

same old rubbish!!!!!!!!!

Mimicapleton

Back to top Go down

Post  Scoop73 Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:26 am

what a talentless clown

Scoop73

Back to top Go down

Post  Cb1000r Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:27 am

Jump now boy... before you get the sales figures in!
Cb1000r
Cb1000r

Back to top Go down

Post  diamond_angel Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:28 am

i love dappy hes fit dont care what anyone says i m a big n-dubz fan quit hating hes making lots of money hes got 2 kids and a big house hes not going out with diffrent girls every night hes a family man now give him a break if he was a talentless clown he wouldnt be famous i will defintley be getting his solo album when its out

diamond_angel

Back to top Go down

Post  FabulousFabregas Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:28 am

You idiots that are hating on UK Talents are just sad, 'talentless clown'? Mate, i've never heard you on the radio heh? why don't you go out there and show us your talent?

Stand up for the UK Talents, Dappy here has produced an Amazing Track, No need to hate, Appreciate.

Jealous people.

FabulousFabregas

Back to top Go down

Post  gemwilz Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:31 am

FabulousFabregas wrote:You idiots that are hating on UK Talents are just sad, 'talentless clown'? Mate, i've never heard you on the radio heh? why don't you go out there and show us your talent?

Stand up for the UK Talents, Dappy here has produced an Amazing Track, No need to hate, Appreciate.

Jealous people.

Well said. Too many haters about! I love the track Smile

gemwilz

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairyonions. Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:32 am

muppet,

Hairyonions.

Back to top Go down

Post  Londonboi2009 Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:32 am

No regrets...love the new song. Good luck!

Londonboi2009

Back to top Go down

Post  Barnsley_dave Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:55 am

"i love dappy hes fit dont care what anyone says i m a big n-dubz fan quit hating hes making lots of money hes got 2 kids and a big house hes not going out with diffrent girls every night hes a family man now give him a break if he was a talentless clown he wouldnt be famous i will defintley be getting his solo album when its out"

Learn some punctuation! I nearly suffocated reading that!

Barnsley_dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Rpwhu88 Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:56 am

To be honest i really don't like his music at all but the man has done amazing.. he's got a great career, came from a difficult background a true UK success story.. How can anyone criticize that?

Rpwhu88

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum