Coffee Break
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tragic Amy Winehouse was secretly engaged to Reg Traviss

+26
Be_nice2some1
x.xsophiex.x
joanna35
Poppie123
Lornawanstall
Subs
Bronleen
exbootneck
folman
essjay27
Doyoureally
Bringingmedown
Ashfan
Foxy22
Blubbajee
dutchie
canni
aka3
Ebonyuk72
harryboy50
haggler
magicangel
dilski
ron007
Dagaz003
Scanner
30 posters

Go down

Tragic Amy Winehouse was secretly engaged to Reg Traviss  Empty Tragic Amy Winehouse was secretly engaged to Reg Traviss

Post  Scanner Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:50 pm

AMY Winehouse and boyfriend Reg Traviss secretly got engaged weeks before her death.
Reg, 35, gave ecstatic singer Amy, 27, a diamond ring.

And she agreed to marry Reg without a moment's hesitation - because she so desperately wanted to put her wild lifestyle behind her.

A source said: "Reg asked Amy and of course she said 'Yes'. She loved him.

"She wanted nothing more than to be his wife and to start a family with him. She wanted to get rid of her demons so badly.

"They openly said they wanted to spend the rest of their lives together. They both thought the absolute world of each other."

Film director Reg, 35, gave her a diamond ring during an emotional heart-to-heart about their future.

Marry
The couple, who had been together for two years, planned to marry next year.

The chance to fulfil her dream of having a family had made Amy determined to banish the alcohol and drugs that had blighted her life.

A source said: "Amy spent a week in rehab in June and told loved ones afterwards she was determined to quit booze.

"She was planning her future with Reg and that was playing a huge part in her thinking.

"Amy was adamant about sorting herself out. Reg's proposal made her even more determined.

"She didn't want to carry on the way she was."

Since Grammy-winning singer Amy was found dead in her home in Camden, North London, Reg has been in mourning with her dad Mitch and mum Janis.

The source added: "Reg has been with the family every day since. It was clear to see their relationship was genuine.

"It has made the last week all the more painful for Reg. He wanted to spend the rest of his life with her."

Mitch, 60, already thought of Reg as a son-in-law. At her funeral last week he said: "Amy found love with Reg.

"He helped her with her problems and Amy was looking forward to their future together.

"She was the happiest she has been for years."

Days after Amy died, an ashen-faced Reg told of his shock.

He said: "She had been full of life. I've lost my darling who I loved very much."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3727421/Tragic-Amy-Winehouse-was-secretly-engaged-to-Reg-Traviss.html
Scanner
Scanner

Back to top Go down

Tragic Amy Winehouse was secretly engaged to Reg Traviss  Empty Re: Tragic Amy Winehouse was secretly engaged to Reg Traviss

Post  Dagaz003 Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:26 am

to be honest a week in rehab isn't enough , standard rehab in Germany for alcoholism is 10 - 16 weeks , how do you expect to achieve anything in a week

Dagaz003

Back to top Go down

Tragic Amy Winehouse was secretly engaged to Reg Traviss  Empty Re: Tragic Amy Winehouse was secretly engaged to Reg Traviss

Post  ron007 Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:42 am

And she didnt think to get that junkie Blakes name removed from her chest if this story is true!!!

ron007

Back to top Go down

Post  dilski Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:43 am

I thought that it had been reported that she'd been upset just before she died because they'd broken up ??

dilski

Back to top Go down

Post  magicangel Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:44 am

Amy looked healthier on that photo with Reg than she had done for ages. Terrible, terrible shame.

magicangel

Back to top Go down

Post  haggler Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:45 am

Dont believe this for 1 second,if she was as happy as that, dont you think she would have told the world,and for her dad to say she was at her best,then why did her Mum say that the night before when she seen her "she was out off it completely wasted and feared that would be the last she would see her",I loved Amy Winehouse,and only wished she really found hapinness,and maybe she would be here to-day! R.I.P your music will live on. x

haggler

Back to top Go down

Post  harryboy50 Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:46 am

For goodness sake....Let the poor woman Rest in Peace.......Not news anymore......

harryboy50

Back to top Go down

Post  Ebonyuk72 Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:48 am

I heard they'd broken up too

Ebonyuk72

Back to top Go down

Post  aka3 Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:49 am

Don't get this at all. They had apparently split up and now Mr Traviss is saying there were secretly engaged. Why 'secretly' engaged? If Amy was that ecstatic she would've wanted to shout it from the rooftops and certainly not keep it quiet from anyone. Don't believe it for a second - perhaps Mr Traviss is attention seeking and fame hunting??

aka3

Back to top Go down

Post  canni Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:13 am

I think it would be great if a rehab to help teenagers comes out of what has happend to Amy. She does look alot healthier in photo's with Reg. And maybe she wanted some things in her life to be private like most of us want. I hate the celebrity stalking that goes on now and the stories connected to the photo's are so true NOT. Just read through each online paper and they will have a different story to alot of things.

canni

Back to top Go down

Post  dutchie Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:14 am

I'm with you haggler I dont believe this for a second...

dutchie

Back to top Go down

Post  Blubbajee Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:15 am

Im a fan of Amy & was shocked at her death But for over a week now I haven't read any stories relating to her. All these stories coming out and she's not here to say otherwise. Even heard she was planning to adopt. Who cares, she's gone & that's thats. Move on. Posted this comment just to say that. Won't be reading or posting anything about Amy anymore. Just enjoy her music & let her RIP!!

Blubbajee

Back to top Go down

Post  Foxy22 Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:15 am

I don't beleive any of this for one minute.

Foxy22

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashfan Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:16 am

Amazing how all these stories appear after her death when they are unverifiable. I suppose we'll hear soon how she was due to appear on "Celebrity Big Brother", was going to build an orphanage in Africa and had developed a cure for cancer.

Ashfan

Back to top Go down

Post  Bringingmedown Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:17 am

The first story about them said they weren't even together at the time of Amy's death, now they awere engaged?

Bringingmedown

Back to top Go down

Post  Doyoureally Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:17 am

Anyone can say anything now as they always do when someone has gone forever. So vey sad if this is the case.!

Doyoureally

Back to top Go down

Post  essjay27 Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:18 am

I thought he dumped her weeks ago cos he was fed up with her partying etc.?

essjay27

Back to top Go down

Post  folman Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:19 am

leave the poor girl alone. I don't suppose her family will be too chuffed to read all this gossip.

folman

Back to top Go down

Post  exbootneck Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:20 am

Beating drugs, beating alcohol, just got engaged...Number 1 in the charts...just super apart from one obvious point...life is a bite.

exbootneck

Back to top Go down

Post  Bronleen Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:23 am

So how do we know she wanted to put her wild lifestyle behind her?? Nice way of putting words into her mouth. Just like she wanted to adopt a child - no agency worth it's sugar, never mind salt, would even answer a call by her.

Bronleen

Back to top Go down

Post  Subs Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:26 am

I've read the above story, and to say they had been together for 2 years, how come it was never published? More to the point, if she had been 'clean', why was she 'out of it' a couple of weeks ago and booed off stage? Such a troubled soul. If he was sooo in love with her, then why wasn't he with her the night before and also on the day she died? I know with hynsight we can all see different things to analyse, but nothing with ever bring her back. And some comments on here are really not neccessary, as don't forget, her parents, family and friends will probably read them, so have a bit of thought to what you say.
Rant over ;-)

Subs

Back to top Go down

Post  Lornawanstall Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:27 am

Enough already, yeah it's sad that this singer died at such an early age, but lets face it she was a train wreck ready to happen, with the drink and drugs issues. Stop trying to make out that she was some kind of martyr. She was simply a singer who had too much too soon and burnt out too early.
I didn't like her or her music by the way.

Lornawanstall

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppie123 Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:28 am

amazing what people say for a lil bit of cash!! soooo sooo sad Sad

Poppie123

Back to top Go down

Post  joanna35 Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:28 am

what is the point in printing this???? Marriage adoption???? she can't do ony of it now anyway ..... How could she have possibly been fit to adopt whith her lifestyle ... where is the engagment ring ?? dont you need one of them to be engaged????? She is better off with the angel's above than the demons down here!!!

joanna35

Back to top Go down

Post  x.xsophiex.x Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:30 am

God im getting bored of the Amy Winehouse stories already. So so bored.

x.xsophiex.x

Back to top Go down

Post  Be_nice2some1 Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:30 am

she's not 'tragic' - tragic is what happened to those kids in Norway.

Be_nice2some1

Back to top Go down

Post  Diane Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:31 am

my son has been on and off drugs for ten years now he was 14 years old when his problems started and he was fed drugs like sweets ,,i have found tat there is very little help out there and over the years the loss to my family has been great ...i would welcome any help other than the help that is on offer at this moment in time alternative drugs are more addictive than the heroin they are on ..a drug addict is ill it needs to be treate properley ..i would love to send my son to rehab and end our pain ...i lost my son years ago and someone else took his place i cry each night for him to come back or die so i can finally grieve my loss ..this is something i would not wish on my worst enemy

Diane

Back to top Go down

Post  Huddsterrier Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:31 am

We do need more NHS rehab centers because the help that is out there at the moment just doesn't work, I'm speaking from personal experience i battled my own demon (heroin) for 10 years, you go to get help and all they do is prescribe you ridiculously high amounts of methadone which is harder to get off than heroin itself, then what you find happen is people use heroin on top of the methadone so they are worse off than befor they went for help. I know people who have been on methadone for over ten years and there dosage has never being reduced only increased. You have to go to your local clinic once a month or so and see your key worker as they are called and with no disrespect to them the majority of them are fresh out of uni and don't have any life experience never mind any idea how to help someone who has being fighting addiction for ten years. Basically the system just doesn't work i have not known one person get totally off either heroin or methadone using the current system that is in place! Then there is the amount of money it costs to keep all these people on methadone i dont know how much it is but i do know it is a hell of a lot of tax payers money which i pay so i want to see it spent the best way possible i always worked through my addiction and have never lived off the state before people start saying i was a free loading junkie. So surly the money would be better spent putting people into rehab so they can get totally clean. I was one of the lucky ones who fortunately had parents that stuck by me and paid for me to go into rehab if it wasn't for them i don't know where id be today, I'm still clean but I'm still battling the demons in my head as getting off the drugs isn't the hardest bit but staying off them is! I also despise people who disregard use as low life junkie's that don't deserve help, non of us decided at a young age i want to be a drug addict! I still have a lot of friends on the gear who would give there left arm to get into rehab!

Huddsterrier

Back to top Go down

Post  Beatles4life Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:32 am

Huddsterrier wrote:We do need more NHS rehab centers because the help that is out there at the moment just doesn't work, I'm speaking from personal experience i battled my own demon (heroin) for 10 years, you go to get help and all they do is prescribe you ridiculously high amounts of methadone which is harder to get off than heroin itself, then what you find happen is people use heroin on top of the methadone so they are worse off than befor they went for help. I know people who have been on methadone for over ten years and there dosage has never being reduced only increased. You have to go to your local clinic once a month or so and see your key worker as they are called and with no disrespect to them the majority of them are fresh out of uni and don't have any life experience never mind any idea how to help someone who has being fighting addiction for ten years. Basically the system just doesn't work i have not known one person get totally off either heroin or methadone using the current system that is in place! Then there is the amount of money it costs to keep all these people on methadone i dont know how much it is but i do know it is a hell of a lot of tax payers money which i pay so i want to see it spent the best way possible i always worked through my addiction and have never lived off the state before people start saying i was a free loading junkie. So surly the money would be better spent putting people into rehab so they can get totally clean. I was one of the lucky ones who fortunately had parents that stuck by me and paid for me to go into rehab if it wasn't for them i don't know where id be today, I'm still clean but I'm still battling the demons in my head as getting off the drugs isn't the hardest bit but staying off them is! I also despise people who disregard use as low life junkie's that don't deserve help, non of us decided at a young age i want to be a drug addict! I still have a lot of friends on the gear who would give there left arm to get into rehab!

great comment,yea i lost my fav brother he was only 27, and just like you he was fighting his demons and got clean but after 5 years he dicided to try it again and that's all it took,a week later gone,so all i can say to you his stay strong soround yourself with positive people and take one day at a time and most important don't ever give up.peace and love.

Beatles4life

Back to top Go down

Post  Misty Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:33 am

Thank you to the people who are brave enough to post their real life stories. This is hard evidence of what is needed.

I will re-iterate : what Mitch is doing he does not have to but it can only do good. If it saves just one person isn't it worth it. He could keep the royalties from his daughter's present success but he is starting a charity to help others like her and people like him and his family.

Why would sound minded people begrudge someone doing good for society - unless they are not!

Misty

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down