Coffee Break
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Mylo Xyloto Coldplay's

+2
Barronbay
Scanner
6 posters

Go down

Is Mylo Xyloto Coldplay's  Empty Is Mylo Xyloto Coldplay's

Post  Scanner Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:36 am

COLDPLAY have given their new album a mind-boggling title - Mylo Xyloto.
Pronounced my-lo zy-letoe, the highly-anticipated disc, the band's fifth, will hit shops on October 24.

It follows 2008's Viva La Vida, which charted at No1 in 36 countries, including the UK and US.

And the artwork is as eye-catching as its title, merging a selection of colourful graffiti images.

The rockers are yet to explain what the obscure name means.

Last year, band frontman Chris Martin told Q magazine that the album's title would feature two words, with the first word beginning with 'M'.

And last week an astute fan suggested Mylo Xyloto could be a possible contender after realising Chris Martin had registered two new songs on the database songwriters use to ensure they are paid for their efforts.

A Coldplay fansite member - known only as Spike - explained: "I'm a member of PRS and (as a member) you can search their online database of registered songs.

"I typed in Chris Martin and looked at all the newly registered work under 'Christopher Anthony John Martin' and a song called 'Mylo Xyloto' was registered on 6th July 2011! (sic)

"The writers registered for the song are all of Coldplay and Brian Eno. Wither they actually call the album Mylo Xyloto or not or that might be the lead single (maybe released on October 10th because the first letters of each word being MX)."

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall, the first track from the album, was released in June.

Paradise, the follow-up, is out on September 12, the same day it goes to radio.

Do any Sun readers know what Mylo Xyloto means?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/music/3749087/Coldplay-name-new-album-br-Mylo-Xyloto.html
Scanner
Scanner

Back to top Go down

Is Mylo Xyloto Coldplay's  Empty Re: Is Mylo Xyloto Coldplay's

Post  Barronbay Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:23 am

X & Y was the last good album. Creativity seems to have gone, replaced by an air of whatever we serve up will be lapped up.

Barronbay

Back to top Go down

Post  Lori Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:23 am

Can't wait for this record! I've heard a few of the new songs from live performances and they sound amazing. I'm glad there are bands like Coldplay in this day and age....people who actually put some creativity and dedication into what they produce for their fans.

Lori

Back to top Go down

Post  mwng Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:49 pm

They should have stopped 5 albums ago. Awful band.

mwng

Back to top Go down

Post  jaybee62 Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:50 pm

It would be good if this was the last album - no more would we have to hear the whining tones of Chris Martin assaulting our ears. But people do not always say what they mean or keep to their word.

jaybee62

Back to top Go down

Post  Wendy Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:50 pm

Fingers crossed & all that.

Wendy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: