Coffee Break
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amy Winehouse’s dad has message for fan with baby

+15
depp_lover1980
Melspearls
mwng
cats-dogs-hamsters
tyblonde
Ginger_pogue
Xxlisa1405xx
Arealmanutdfan
Yardmanforlife
rajiv
icon
Jumist
-Geordie-
geordie2539
Scanner
19 posters

Go down

Amy Winehouse’s dad has message for fan with baby  Empty Amy Winehouse’s dad has message for fan with baby

Post  Scanner Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:39 am

AMY Winehouse's tearful father viewed tributes to the tragic pop star yesterday - and told one fan with a baby daughter: "Look after your little girl."
Mitch Winehouse wept as he joined Amy's mum Janis, brother Alex and boyfriend Reg Traviss to read messages and chat to wellwishers outside Amy's £2million home.

The ex-cabbie told fans at the makeshift shrine in Camden Square, North West London, he was "devastated and speechless" over the singer's death at just 27.

Among those he met was Rodney Dyer, who had taken his daughter to pay tribute to the star, found dead at the house on Saturday.

Mitch, 60, poked his head inside the baby's pram - lined with pink blankets - before speaking briefly to the 46-year-old dad.

Rodney, from North London, said: "We are fans of Amy and came to get a feel for the moment.

"Mitch spotted the baby and said, 'Look after your little girl'.

"I told him, 'We will' - and that we played Amy's music to her last night. He obviously loves the fact that Amy's work is so loved."

Amy's 56-year-old mum was in tears as she looked at the tributes while Mitch, who had just returned from New York, sobbed into his hands as he studied the photos and read poignant notes left to his daughter. He told the dozens of fans camped outside her home: "I am glad you are all here.

"Thank you. I can't tell you what this means to me." Devastated Janis needed support from a pal and walked with the aid of a cane during the parents' 20-minute visit.

The pair took photos of the tributes but did not enter the house.

Amy's boyfriend Reg looked sombre as he hugged them and also read fans' messages.

A member of the management team told fans: "Janis would like to thank all of you for everything."

Mitch hugged friends and neighbours who had gathered at the scene and thanked everyone for coming to pay their respects. He said: "I am glad you are all here. Thank you. You people in the street, I can't tell you what this means to me. It has really made this easier for us.

"Amy was about one thing and that was love. Her whole life was devoted to her family and her friends and you guys as well.

"We are speechless and we are devastated. But thanks for coming."

Amy's legion of admirers have turned the street outside her house into a shrine - covering the pavement with tributes of flowers, vodka and candles.

Pieces of artwork had also been laid down, including a striking photo of the singer posing in a bar, and a picture by artist Mysterious Al, depicting her face with cartoon eyes and a white streak in her trademark beehive hairdo.

Many notes were also left, one reading: "Too fragile, too beautiful, too big a talent for this world."

Another said: "To an exquisite singer with a beautiful voice."

Three women, thought to be from the legend's management team, took away a large teddy bear, with "Amy" written on the front after looking at the messages left by pals, neighbours and fans.

One fan, who shook hands with Mitch as he thanked people for paying their respects, said he thought the dad was "brave".

Dad-of-three Brian O'Donnell, 72, who lives nearby, said: "I shook his hand and told him I felt his pain. I wanted to pay my respects. He thanked me. They both looked devastated. It was so brave of them to come down here, but I suppose it was something they felt they wanted to do. I came to look at all the tributes and pay my respects. She was a true star."

Lucy Nadin, 29, visited the square with her young daughter.

She said: "I had to come and see all the tributes. I couldn't believe it when I heard what had happened. I feel so sad for her parents, they looked distraught. I can't imagine what they're going through.

"Amy's poor mum looked so fragile. Her dad was trying to be strong, but I got tearful when I saw him crying into his hands. I can't imagine losing my daughter. Amy was only a little younger than me, I'm still in shock. Mitch just kept thanking everyone. I don't think he quite knew what to say."

Amy's backing singers wept as they laid bouquets at the house.

Zalon and Heshima Thompson, who worked with the star for several years, knelt in front of a pile of tributes to read the notes.

After looking at the flowers, Zalon told waiting fans: "They will mean a lot to her. Thank you."

Magazine editor Piers Hernu, 44 - a friend of Amy - also joined the crowds. He said: "I was really quite stunned that, what many people thought was inevitable, turned out to have happened.

"People talk about drugs, but I think Amy's main demon was she was an alcoholic. Booze was her downfall."

AMY will be cremated today and her ashes mingled with those of her beloved grandmother.

The star's family will honour her wish to be cremated, and mix part of her remains with gran Cynthia - killed by lung cancer in 2006.

The funeral will be held at Golders Green Crematorium in North West London at 3pm.

A family friend said: "We all hope Amy can finally find some peace."

Amy's family met at her mum Janis's home in East Barnet yesterday to discuss funeral options.

Amy idolised Cynthia - a singer who dated jazz legend Ronnie Scott - and even had her name tattooed on her arm.

Cynthia's ashes are currently in an urn in Essex but will now be scattered with Amy's.

Part of the pop star's ashes may also be sent to St Lucia, where she sought solace for her drug addiction in 2008.

A friend said: "The family discussed mixing Amy's ashes with Cynthia's and scattering them together. They were incredibly close, it feels like the right thing to do."

DISTRAUGHT dad Mitch Winehouse phoned Princess Diana's psychic pal Sally Morgan within minutes of hearing his daughter had died.

Sally, 59, offered to help him contact Amy "in the afterlife".

Ex-cabbie and part-time jazz singer Mitch was on as plane to New York when Amy's body was found.

He called Sally after landing before getting a flight home.

Sally said: "I am comforting him on a personal level as a friend - however if my ability as a medium can be of comfort then I will help."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3714564/Amy-Winehouses-dad-has-message-for-fan-with-baby.html
Scanner
Scanner

Back to top Go down

Amy Winehouse’s dad has message for fan with baby  Empty Re: Amy Winehouse’s dad has message for fan with baby

Post  geordie2539 Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:04 am

I have 3 daughters 28,27,25,and have looked after them up to now,they do not smoke or drink alcohol.BUT you can only do so much,with out being a control freak.They also have kids,and i hope they also grow into fine ladies.I also have 2 very good mates who i grew up with,they went off the rails and turned into alcoholics.But i am glad that they have turned their lives around,they lost everything, job,marriage,home,and respect from their children.

geordie2539

Back to top Go down

Amy Winehouse’s dad has message for fan with baby  Empty Re: Amy Winehouse’s dad has message for fan with baby

Post  -Geordie- Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:42 am

Whilst i was no big Amy Winehouse fan, i, like others couldn't help to see the regular stories about her in the press. It was obvious she was on a downward spiral, and its so sad that more was not done to help. The riches that fame bring aren't always a good thing...

The sad thing is, she won't be the last.

-Geordie-

Back to top Go down

Post  Jumist Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:43 am

As a parent, when I saw Amy's parents yesterday I thanked God that none of my children have ever been tempted to try drugs. I only knew of Amy through news in the media, and have never heard her sing, but my heart goes out to her parents and family. They don't deserve to suffer like this.

Jumist

Back to top Go down

Post  icon Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:44 am

Should parents take some responsibility for the drug/drink problems of their children?

icon

Back to top Go down

Post  rajiv Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:44 am

I believe that when ordinary people become stars overnight, they become zombies - swayed by the lure of money, drugs, illicit sex and alcohol, which pertains to more than 95% of the so called celebrities that we look upon. It is ironical that people need to turn into living hell once they get fame. Amy is one of the examples of the Club of 27 and the only way to compensate her loss is to see her fans who mourn take a fervent pledge to stop the use of alcohol and drugs because it is perceived to be "COOL" and "FUNKY"...so that future Amy's do not end this this.

rajiv

Back to top Go down

Post  Yardmanforlife Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:45 am

some people need to grow up unles they no her well to be honest...this how people fall into depression in the first place...THEY THINK TO MUCH...first its the thinking,thhen it,s the feeling sorry for themselves,then its the substance abuse,then no one can help them

Yardmanforlife

Back to top Go down

Post  Arealmanutdfan Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:45 am

THERES NO DOUBT HER DAD LOVED HERE BUT STILL THINK HE COULD OF DONE MORE HE SHOULD NEVER ALLOWED HER TO MOVE BACK TO THAT DRUGGIES DEN CAMDEN SHE SHOULD HAVE MOVED IN WITH HIM OR HER MUM TO KEEP AN EYE ON HER I ALSO THINK THAT HE JUMPED ON THE FAME BANDWAGON WHAT WAS HE DOING IN NEW YORK TRYING TO BE A SINGER HES A TAXI DRIVER HIS DAUGHTER WAS THE SINGER BUT SHE CLEARLY HAD A DEATH WISH SO SHE NEEDED THEIR HELP

WILL HER YOUNG FANS NOW REALISE DRUG TAKING IS NOT GLAMOUROUS ATALL BUT CAN KILL YOU

Arealmanutdfan

Back to top Go down

Post  Xxlisa1405xx Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:46 am

Im extreamely sad that someone has died at such a young ages however im going to put it bluntly... she was a drug addict AND she drank like a fish so to be honest it was always going to be on the cards that she would die in this way. She was agressive (when off her face) and rude (and always looked like she was in need of a good bath). I have never been a fan of hers and to be honest im not losing any sleep over this woman - there are more pressing things in the news right now - take the massacre in Oslo, who do you think i care about most ay? Sorry but its true.

Xxlisa1405xx

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginger_pogue Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:47 am

Maybe it's just me, but I really do find all these so called "tributes" of bottles of vodka being left for her quite distasteful. Alcohol was a very very large part of her problems, and a large cause of her downfall. End of the day, it killed her! So how can anyone think that leaving a bottle of vodka there for her is a tribute? Would you lay a knife down on the grave of someone who'd been stabbed to death?

Ginger_pogue

Back to top Go down

Post  tyblonde Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:48 am

I think its pretty disgusting for people to leave vodka and beer, the very things that assisted her premature demise.

tyblonde

Back to top Go down

Post  cats-dogs-hamsters Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:49 am

Xxlisa1405xx wrote:Im extreamely sad that someone has died at such a young ages however im going to put it bluntly... she was a drug addict AND she drank like a fish so to be honest it was always going to be on the cards that she would die in this way. She was agressive (when off her face) and rude (and always looked like she was in need of a good bath). I have never been a fan of hers and to be honest im not losing any sleep over this woman - there are more pressing things in the news right now - take the massacre in Oslo, who do you think i care about most ay? Sorry but its true.

I agree with every word you said and admire you for speaking the truth. why do people think they can only say nice things about somebody when they die even if it isn't true

cats-dogs-hamsters

Back to top Go down

Post  mwng Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:50 am

THERE'S NO DOUBT THE CAPS LOCK KEY ON MY KEYBOARD IS BROKEN.

mwng

Back to top Go down

Post  mwng Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:51 am

lol @ idiots banging on about "druggies".

mwng

Back to top Go down

Post  Melspearls Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:52 am

Mr Alan McGee, yes you CAN step in and help them, if you REALLY CARE about them, that is.
Withdrawal from alcohol is the most difficult case of rehabilitation because it could cause a stroke, which is the case here.

Melspearls

Back to top Go down

Post  depp_lover1980 Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:53 am

Xxlisa1405xx wrote:Im extreamely sad that someone has died at such a young ages however im going to put it bluntly... she was a drug addict AND she drank like a fish so to be honest it was always going to be on the cards that she would die in this way. She was agressive (when off her face) and rude (and always looked like she was in need of a good bath). I have never been a fan of hers and to be honest im not losing any sleep over this woman - there are more pressing things in the news right now - take the massacre in Oslo, who do you think i care about most ay? Sorry but its true.

you're a small minded moron, who will be completely screwed if mental illness hits anyone you love. Sorry but its true.

depp_lover1980

Back to top Go down

Post  Xxlisa1405xx Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:54 am

depp_lover1980 wrote:

you're a small minded moron, who will be completely screwed if mental illness hits anyone you love. Sorry but its true.

ohh blah blah blah! Its MY opinion and i'm entitled to it so hush your mouth!
END OF!

Xxlisa1405xx

Back to top Go down

Post  Chooperh Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:54 am

He'll be doing the rounds of interviews TV, Papers etc etc in a week or so.

Chooperh

Back to top Go down

Post  Judyr Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:55 am

While I was deeply saddened to hear of her untimely death, I wasn't in the least bit surprised. It was always going to happen sooner rather than later with her sad, sad lifestyle. I too think it extremely disrespectful and in very poor taste to leave alcohol outside her home. Still, at least the numpties stopped short of leaving full syringes and crack pipes.

Judyr

Back to top Go down

Post  alpheus Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:56 am

Mr Winehouse you are so incredibly unselfish 1 million blessings to you & Amy.s mum Janis

alpheus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ste_A_B_W Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:56 am

I can only imagine what it's like for her family right now - but that was incredibly good and brave of them to face all the crowds like that so soon afterwards, and to acknowledge how Amy - in one way or another - had touched all of them.

Ste_A_B_W

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum