Coffee Break
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gary Barlow: Coldplay inspired my return to music

3 posters

Go down

Gary Barlow: Coldplay inspired my return to music  Empty Gary Barlow: Coldplay inspired my return to music

Post  Scanner Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:27 am

GARY Barlow is talking himself into writing a very big cheque to Chris Martin.
The Coldplay frontman could claim a chunk of royalties after Gary admitted Chris and co provided the inspiration for the manband's reunion.

The Take That star reckons he had given up hope of returning to the stage until he became obsessed with Coldplay's Parachutes.

He said: "I spent years telling everyone around that I didn't want to be an artist again. I didn't sing for six or seven years.

"I seldom sang on demos and if I could get someone else to sing then I would, right until I heard the first Coldplay album.

"I realised that you could be in a rock band and not have a husky rasp - Chris has the most beautiful voice.

"I thought for the first time, 'I could see myself doing that again'.

"For the first time in years I could see that place.

"I have told Chris that story - it's all part of the journey, passing the baton from band to band."

That sounds like an unusual relay race. The baton would be a yoga mat if Chris had his way - or a packet of Jaffa Cakes if it was down to Gary.

Gary has even put the success of the manband's 2006 comeback album, Beautiful World, down to the way Coldplay tunes were put together.

It was only after listening to tracks like Yellow on repeat in his bedroom that he finally started making songs for his group again.

Gary, who sang with Chris at his own 40th birthday bash in January, said: "I was so inspired by that stuff. I used to play and sing it on my own. So when I came back I imagined that sound and the guitars and imagined the stadium sound of a Coldplay song.

"I thought that could work for us, especially as a vocal group as well.

"Obviously there are not usually many harmonies with Coldplay but I hear them and I could hear where they would fit.

"I thought that was very much a direction that could work for us."

That CD must have been the best £9.99 he's ever spent.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/music/3752388/Take-Thats-Gary-Barlow-inspired-by-Coldplay.html
Scanner
Scanner

Back to top Go down

Gary Barlow: Coldplay inspired my return to music  Empty Re: Gary Barlow: Coldplay inspired my return to music

Post  Bennykill Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:17 am

he wasnt going to come back and then he saw Coldplay and thought, hell if a band that rubbish can do it absolutely anyone can.

Bennykill

Back to top Go down

Gary Barlow: Coldplay inspired my return to music  Empty Re: Gary Barlow: Coldplay inspired my return to music

Post  bingoflower Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:18 am

Both bands are bed-wetting nancys that shouldn't be allowed to use the work 'rock' to describe themselves

bingoflower

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down