Coffee Break
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shy smile of Minnie star

+11
RedDevilAlways
The-reaper
Elisabeth
jb411
justmysay
Rayc
Jellybelly1969@
KingJinsilan
oneadem
Foxy22
Scanner
15 posters

Go down

Shy smile of Minnie star  Empty Shy smile of Minnie star

Post  Scanner Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:26 am

AMY Winehouse smiles innocently as a wide-eyed six-year-old - dressed as cartoon favourite Minnie Mouse.
The budding star looks a world away from her later troubles in the charming snap taken at a Jewish festival.

The photo emerged as a previously-unseen video was revealed of the singer celebrating her first deal in 2002.

East London cabbie Russell Dalton, 54, shot the film in his taxi after it was hailed by Amy, then 18.

He said: "I'd just started making videos so asked if I could film her.

"She didn't mind at all and started telling me about her song and how she had bought a new guitar to celebrate her deal.

"You could tell she had star quality, that X factor. She was so innocent and you could tell she was happy and full of beans.

"But she was also very modest and did not boast. That's how I'll remember her."

A BAR boss in the West Indies who Amy called her "Caribbean mummy" last night spoke of her shock.

Marjorie Lambert said: "She once spent three weeks with me playing with my children, grandchildren, the dogs and riding the horses through the surf."

And she insists Amy stayed off the booze and drugs at Marjorie's' Bar in Cas En Bas, St Lucia.

She said: "She only drank fruit juice and ate lobster and crab when she was here. I never let anyone come close to her who'd have drugs. She'd listen to me.

"When she came back she called me 'Mummy'. She'd say, 'You're my Caribbean mummy, Marjorie'. She always came back to us, it was her favourite place.

"She used to sing at night with the regulars and looked after them. She paid for one friend's surgery while here. She saved his life.

"Someone should have saved my precious girl."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3712333/Video-of-teenage-Amy-Winehouse-emerges.html
Scanner
Scanner

Back to top Go down

Shy smile of Minnie star  Empty Re: Shy smile of Minnie star

Post  Foxy22 Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:55 am

Such a sweet little girl, a photo to treasure.

Foxy22

Back to top Go down

Post  oneadem Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:55 am

The before and after pictures would be good for anti drug campaign RIP

oneadem

Back to top Go down

Post  KingJinsilan Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:37 am

Whereeva you are, find peace. ONEDREAM, well said!! It may help other teens, but even with clear picture, some people are just self destruct.

KingJinsilan

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellybelly1969@ Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:37 am

She was a loving person and no matter in which state she was beautiful,because she was "good to the bone"!
Being drug addicted does not mean you´re a bad human being.It just means you´re sick and need help.
And she let people help her,but something was dragging her always back, like being caught in a swamp.
The more you struggle,the deeper you sink.

Jellybelly1969@

Back to top Go down

Post  Rayc Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:38 am

what a wast of a good talent , say no to drugs

Rayc

Back to top Go down

Post  justmysay Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:39 am

Very sad, would have been nice if she let people help her through her troubles. RIP.

justmysay

Back to top Go down

Post  jb411 Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:39 am

Compare the last four photographs - the two above to the two below - if ever there was proof that people shouldn't take drugs these are it!

jb411

Back to top Go down

Post  Elisabeth Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:40 am

Amy Whinehouse - Thanks for your outstanding music, voice, fashion and - hairstyle ;-)... RIP!

Elisabeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Jellybelly1969@ Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:41 am

The pictures become blurred before my eyes as I can´t hold back the tears.
I love you Amy.
Your death was such a terrible shock.She did no drugs that day she just went to bed and never woke up again.
I just don´t get it.
Farewell .We miss you so much.

Jellybelly1969@

Back to top Go down

Post  The-reaper Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:41 am

Now this is good publicity, look at that sweet young thing, and now look at the mess after Drugs, She was old enough to know Grange Hill, she should have known JUST SAY NO is all that she need to do and say. RIP girl hope God can forgive you and pass your talent on elsewhere.

The-reaper

Back to top Go down

Post  RedDevilAlways Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:42 am

I like the cab drivers tip to her, unfortunately I don't think she took too much notice of that!

RedDevilAlways

Back to top Go down

Post  tsd Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:42 am

Really a cute little mouse!!!
The cat definitely got her! I wonder how many youngsters followed her example and got damaged too... Crying or Very sad

tsd

Back to top Go down

Post  chris8910 Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:43 am

Jellybelly1969@ wrote:The pictures become blurred before my eyes as I can´t hold back the tears.
I love you Amy.
Your death was such a terrible shock.She did no drugs that day she just went to bed and never woke up again.
I just don´t get it.

Maybe true that she did not take drugs on her last day but it was certainly drink and drugs that ruined her life and turned her from a star to a sorry shadow of what she once was..

chris8910

Back to top Go down

Post  Eatlotsamarmite Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:44 am

Wow she was beautiful when she was 18, sad she ruined herself so badly. If anything comes out of her death, it would be the message not to do drugs, and inspire other users to get help

RIP

Eatlotsamarmite

Back to top Go down

Post  Becks007 Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:44 am

It's appalling how she turned from a pretty young girl to the not-so-pretty girl she looked towards the end of her life?! That's why I hate drugs so much, ruining people's life and all!

Becks007

Back to top Go down

Post  chris8910 Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:45 am

chris8910 wrote:
Jellybelly1969@ wrote:The pictures become blurred before my eyes as I can´t hold back the tears.
I love you Amy.
I just don´t get it.

Maybe true that she did not take drugs on her last day but it was certainly drink and drugs that ruined her life and turned her from a star to a sorry shadow of what she once was..

It always amazes me when a famous person dies, they become saints, the same happened with Jade Goody, maybe Amy was a loving person and good to the bone but most drug addicts become criminals so that they can buy their next fix and if Amy did not have the wealth that she has perhaps she would have been the same, I agree that addicts are sick but they all knew the risks that they took when they first chose to indulge in drugs, help was given to her and she continued to relapse, I would much rather have seen the money spent on trying to cure drug addicts spent on people that have problems that are not self inflicted, the NHS will not fund an operation for my wife but they are quite willing to help drug addicts by giving them free Methodone and even smokers can be given free courses to help them quit smoking, I obviously feel sorry for Amy and her family but I feel more sorry for the families of the soldiers that have died abroad, they had no choice in what happened to them.

chris8910

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down