Coffee Break
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leona and DJ collide over track

+9
Calhoon
AndyEssex
Freddy
Doshless
Hugofirst
Olly46
sondre
Scott
Scanner
13 posters

Go down

Leona and DJ collide over track Empty Leona and DJ collide over track

Post  Scanner Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:55 pm

LEONA Lewis's dance reinvention has hit a bump before she could even book her easyJet flight to Ibiza.

The X Factor winner's comeback single Collide, which debuted on radio yesterday, is now the subject of a legal battle likely to involve her label boss Simon Cowell.

Ministry Of Sound records claim the song rips off an instrumental club track Penguin by young dance producer DJ Avicii.

He has spoken out, saying: "I'm just upset for someone taking credit for our idea before I had a chance to release it."

The Swede's dance track has already been played on radio by DJs including Annie Mac and Pete Tong.

Ministry have now handed Cowells' Syco team a legal letter to try and stop the Leona Lewis track getting a full release.

A Ministry Of Sound source said: "Leona Lewis has stolen our record. Collide is identical to Avicii's track.

"We've been working on this release for a year, then this week we heard Leona's track. Obviously Avicii is pretty upset about this.

"A legal letter was sent to Simon Cowell and our lawyers have said they will take the appropriate action over the song.

"Surely if Leona knew how similar her track is to DJ Avicii's song she wouldn't have decided to press ahead with the release?"

But a Syco source hit back last night saying: "There is zero legal case to answer. Avicii is already credited as a songwriter on Leona's song.

"It's a case of sour grapes from Ministry Of Sound."

This could run and run...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/3698754/Leona-Lewis-in-legal-battle-over-new-record-Collide.html
Scanner
Scanner

Back to top Go down

Leona and DJ collide over track Empty Re: Leona and DJ collide over track

Post  Scott Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:18 am

Pitbull bringing in Afrojack, but he gets no credit.
All these hip hop/ RNB singers bringing in David Guetta who basically made them songs.
Jason Derulo destroying a classic.
Beyonce stealing "Pon de Floor"
And Leona Lewis is now stealing the song from a up and coming musician in Avicii, and of course, she will get the credit because she is backed by the big names after winning that **** music competition.

It's disgusting. All support for Avicii. Click the "dislike button" on her music video on youtube in support too!

Scott

Back to top Go down

Post  sondre Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:19 am

Dont get me wrong, I LOVE Avicii! But he has sampled the track "Penguin" from "The Penguin Café Orchestra", the real name of the song is "Perpetuum Mobile". It was composed by Simon Jeffes in 1985. See for yourselves: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvbCV6E0Wro Smile

sondre

Back to top Go down

Post  Olly46 Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:19 am

The songs rubbish any way, don't bother!!

Olly46

Back to top Go down

Post  Hugofirst Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:20 am

Like all of this so called "music".....its all the same....same beat going on and on and on and on...this was actually a method used by the Japanese to torture the prisoners of war..... how can anyone distinguish between any of it, its all diabolical rubbish.

Hugofirst

Back to top Go down

Post  Doshless Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:20 am

Leona hasnt stolen anything, Cowell has she just the singer. Muppets

Doshless

Back to top Go down

Post  Freddy Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:22 am

Avicii Ft. Leona The Pirate

Freddy

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyEssex Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:22 am

Leonas best track was Bleeding Love. That appears to be her signature song and hopefully, she did it first, but since then she has covered Snow Patrol and Oasis so why should this surprise people?

AndyEssex

Back to top Go down

Post  Calhoon Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:23 am

Honestly, if I hear that dreadful "Bleeding Love" one more time I will go "APE"!

Calhoon

Back to top Go down

Post  chunter32 Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:23 am

cowell trying to make his way into Dance music - this comment is great from his legal team There is zero legal case to answer. Avicii is already credited as a songwriter on Leona's song.

It would have been nice if the poor guy knew about it - i hope they take him to the cleaners - Big up The Ministry for standing up against they slime ball Cowell !!

chunter32

Back to top Go down

Post  Willie_hecke Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:24 am

When I first heard the song unfold yesterday on Radio 1 I thought...".Oh no....I don't like this at all.." - BUT, I now think that was because I was distracted by how 'un-leona-like' it was.

Now I know how the song goes, and have got over the initial shock, I absolutely bloody LUV it... Very Happy

The louder the better, the only danger is playing it when driving....my right foot keeps bang-banging on the blummin' throttle all the time!!

Addictive!!

Willie_hecke

Back to top Go down

Post  benezah Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:25 am

Leona Lewis is hot, and has a great rack, and voice, but to be honest as much as she can sing her style of sining/music was popular around two or three decades ago When Whitney Houston was popular. Leona has got talent, but I htink she needs to make sure she is put into the right type of lime lihg, and I personly do not think she is right for dance music of any form. I owudl like to see her on a soap, or get into movies.

benezah

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:25 am

Most probably a publicity stunt that can only help both artists. Both songs sound boring and not particularly memorable. I could produced better.

Paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down