Coffee Break
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amy lay dead for 6 hours

+67
sourres
Blau
Loremi
Margaretmcn
Progress2011
Bunnyville1
santana21
sparrow001
darkflame
Zippy2460
Ashlufc
Footienut
charlaay777
dizzyblonde12
mikey35
adyluv
olnik
Renata
Ratty1234
alicia--
Scottybee
Nick
joanna35
Legend
angiemc
an1ta
louisaJane
sam_red
Bringingmedown
Keddo
world_to_rights
Follow_the_bear
Simonstore
ChelseyB
Ginger_pogue
Hari_Seldon
Lealeo
Makinsense
freya1
Pricey420
Daveth
-JADE
cats-dogs-hamsters
CarlyNotts
2true
Be_nice2some1
Redeye69
mccolmd
Pixapd
geordie2539
icon
JohnMourad
libertyx
minnie1
Chelseaboyinthailand
PayMeAtHalftime
Keyana
Denyason
thepunisher37
Taylan
Palookaville
Drylaundry
jobyjak
C73
jordansmummy
Misty
Scanner
71 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Amy lay dead for 6 hours  Empty Amy lay dead for 6 hours

Post  Scanner Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:16 am

TRAGIC Amy Winehouse may have been dead for up to six hours before her body was discovered lying in bed, cops fear.
The star, 27, last spoke to her security team at 10am on Saturday. She was found at home in Camden, North London, at 4pm. Medics said she'd been dead several hours. Police sources reported no sign of drugs at the house. Amy had seen her doctor on Friday night.

Amy's doctor examined her the evening before her death - and gave her the all clear.

The singer was having regular check-ups because her drink and drug battles had left her so frail.

A source said: "The doctor was happy with her condition. When he left on Friday night he had no concerns. Less than 24 hours later she was found dead.

"Amy's health has been very fragile and she has been having a series of check-ups."

Her cause of death is unlikely to be known until the police get the results of toxicology tests. That could take weeks.

But Amy's family last night said reports she had bought cocaine, ketamine and ecstasy hours before she died were "nonsense".

They added in a statement: "Our family has been left bereft by the loss of Amy, a wonderful daughter, sister, niece."

Police sources confirmed there were no signs of drugs in her three-storey house.

Amy was found dead in bed at her £2million home by her security guard Andrew Morris just before 4pm on Saturday.

Her friend and PR man Chris Goodman said: "Amy was on her own at home apart from a security guard who we had appointed to help look after her over the past couple of years.

"She was in her bedroom after saying she wanted to sleep and when he went to wake her he found she wasn't breathing.

"He called the emergency services straight away. He was very shocked.

"At this stage no one knows how she died. She died alone in bed."

On Friday night Amy had been well enough to play a drum kit she had recently moved into her bedroom. The noise was so loud neighbours complained.

Chris said Amy's dad Mitch and mum Janis were heartbroken.

He added: "Mitch is totally shocked but he is being very strong for everybody."

Sobbing fans left flowers and touching personal messages at a makeshift memorial across the road from Amy's house yesterday. One read: "Amy, your talent shone. Your angels will keep you safe now."

Some left empty wine glasses and even a case of Stella Artois as tributes. A dozen cigarettes were also scattered by the flowers. Amy was rarely seen without a ciggie despite having the lung disease emphysema.

Susie Reynolds, 33, said: "It is a tragedy. When I heard the news I did not want to believe it. She was a genius. She was different. She was one of a kind."

Amy may have been dead for up to six hours by the time she was found by Andrew. Paramedics who were called to the house in Camden Square, North London, believed she had been dead for "several hours at least." A source said: "Rigor mortis had set in indicating she is likely to have been dead for anything up to six hours.

She is known to have been alive at 10am, when she spoke to Andrew.

The source added: "There were no empty bottles, syringes, crack pipes or anything like that. It's not believed she had vomited.

"Her health was in a very bad state and she had been admitted to hospital by ambulance on a regular basis suffering seizures. Her nervous system was shot to pieces. The last time she was taken to hospital was about two weeks ago after the collapse of her latest tour. She was found in the street and taken to a private London clinic."

Chris said Amy had battled hard to beat her drink and drug addictions but had suffered setbacks in recent weeks.

He added: "She was on the mend but she lapsed over the past month. Her death has come as a great shock. She was a fantastic talent and a sweet girl.

"Yes, she had her problems but she never did anyone any harm." Amy, whose second album Back To Black won five Grammy awards, is believed to have been worth around £10million. Janis told yesterday how she saw Amy the day before she died - and left her home sadly believing her death was "only a matter of time".

She added: "She seemed out of it. Her passing so suddenly still hasn't hit me."

She said that after they spent the day together Amy said: "I love you, Mum." Janis added: "They are the words I will always treasure. I'm glad I saw her when I did."

Mitch, who has launched his own career as a singer, was in New York promoting his new jazz album when he learned the terrible news that his daughter was dead.

The ex-cabbie said: "I'm coming home. I have to be with Amy. I can't crack up for her sake. My family need me."

Amy's most famous song was the autobiographical Rehab - and over the years she spent many weeks in clinics trying to wean herself off drink and drugs. She went into the Priory in an effort to clean up before the start of her recent European tour.

But she was booed off stage in Belgrade last month following a shambolic performance. Further concerts were cancelled.

Friends said Amy's most recent relapse in her addiction battle came after she split with film director boyfriend Reg Traviss.

He could no longer cope with her drinking following a series of blackouts.

Ashen-faced Reg, 32, did not comment yesterday as he left his London home to join Amy's grieving family.

Amy's former husband Blake Fielder-Civil has often been accused of getting Amy hooked on heroin and crack cocaine.

They married in Miami in May 2007 but divorced following a stormy two-year marriage marked by violence and drug-taking.

Fielder-Civil is in prison, serving 32 months for burglary and a firearm offence.

Fans who gathered outside Amy's home yesterday made it clear they blamed Fielder-Civil for their idol's death.

Sonja Jenkins, 21, said: "She was a really great singer but was out of control.

"I wish she had never married Blake. Instead of trying to help her he just seemed to want to get wasted with her."

Jess Taylor, 20, added: "I hoped that when Amy divorced Blake she'd be OK. How was she ever going to get away from drugs with people like this in her life?"

Janis and Mitch spent years trying to coerce Amy into kicking drugs and drink. In 2007 Janis wrote a moving open letter to Amy, pleading for her to seek medical help.

She said: "We'll do everything in our power to get you well again. After all, you are still my baby and you always will be."

Police are investigating the death because it is officially "unexplained."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3712278/Amy-Winehouse-lay-dead-for-6-hours.html
Scanner
Scanner

Back to top Go down

Amy lay dead for 6 hours  Empty Re: Amy lay dead for 6 hours

Post  Misty Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:06 am

Please don't judge the girl too soon. We still do not know all the facts on this sad situation.
My thoughts are with her family and friends.

Misty

Back to top Go down

Post  jordansmummy Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:07 am

Poor poor girl...I think too much fame too quickly consequented in too many demons. RIP Amy

jordansmummy

Back to top Go down

Post  C73 Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:07 am

watching her in that cab you see such a dif side to her ... things could have been if her life hadnt been controlled by drink and drugs..such a shame .. Sad

C73

Back to top Go down

Post  jobyjak Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:08 am

She's dead, now is the time to celebrate her positive contribution, her negatives were never evil, like criminals, so lets just let her RIP.

jobyjak

Back to top Go down

Post  Drylaundry Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:08 am

Let's see all those who called her names ..now call her a friend

Drylaundry

Back to top Go down

Post  Palookaville Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:09 am

OMG! So Sad, Etc ..

Palookaville

Back to top Go down

Post  Taylan Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:09 am

such a sad story that shows how important a good environment is; but good to see people really focus on what she is: a legend.

Taylan

Back to top Go down

Post  thepunisher37 Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:10 am

her father worshipped the ground his daughter walked on he will be numb for a very long time such a waste of a talented lady th transformation from 2004 till now was frightening and hope it's a lesson to anyone tempted to take the same route as amy did cant understand why someone or family didnt take action to stop this happening as it was suggested in the papers friend's and family quoted i sensed or knew this would happen???. R i P amy whitehouse xx

thepunisher37

Back to top Go down

Post  Denyason Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:33 am

she was a flawed genius with the best of intentions. RIP -died too soon.

Denyason

Back to top Go down

Post  Keyana Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:34 am

I loved the video w/ the cab driver. I dont know it just made me smile for some reason. She seemed so happy. Wish she could've stayed that way. Much

Keyana

Back to top Go down

Post  PayMeAtHalftime Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:34 am

Video: Amy Winehouse at 18 years old....totally changed from then & so did her life, she was actually not bad looking back then

PayMeAtHalftime

Back to top Go down

Post  Chelseaboyinthailand Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:35 am

lets hope she has some peace now RIP

Chelseaboyinthailand

Back to top Go down

Post  minnie1 Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:35 am

RIP Amy - may an angel watch over you

minnie1

Back to top Go down

Post  libertyx Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:36 am

You may have only been on this earth for 27 years but you sure made an impression Amy. You will never be forgotten - you will live on in your music. Rip Amy

libertyx

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnMourad Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:37 am

Let's be honest" the woman had a nice voice which made her famous. Other than this, she was always in and out of drug rehab. Obviously, she didn't love her profession which explains why she did chose to end her life thru a series of erratic drug consumption. Singing should be a sublime profession. People who sing should appreciate this profession and be higher than those who don't sing. Reality though had revealed the dark side of singers as many of them had died of drug overdose. It's time for the whole society to change and one way of doing this is by having music of the singers granted for free so that singers live like everyone of us - on limited income. i am happy that the internet had started granting us free music which will contribute to emptying the pockets of singers. the main problem is that singers can become millionaires in a whisk which spoils them and leads them to their death.

RIP Amy.

JohnMourad

Back to top Go down

Post  icon Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:02 am

A REAL icon

icon

Back to top Go down

Post  geordie2539 Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:03 am

Dieing alone is the worst that could happen to anybody,if her mam had been so concerned why did she not stay with her??.And that husband of hers,WELL he was a waste of space any way,he could have helped her to come off drugs and booze but he was just as bad as her.Maybe she will be happier where she is now if their is a heaven,who knows!!.

geordie2539

Back to top Go down

Post  Pixapd Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:04 am

Everybody dies alone.....no one goes with you....sentimentality always clouds the truth

Pixapd

Back to top Go down

Post  mccolmd Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:05 am

What mother in their right mind would allow their daughters of that age to put their hair in bee hives and eyeliner on to go and pay their respects. There are some idiot parents our there. Amy is not someone your children should be looking up to. I was however a fan of Amy's singing and find it tragic that she is gone. My sincere sympathies to all her family and friends. Her memory will live on.

mccolmd

Back to top Go down

Post  Redeye69 Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:07 am

JohnMourad wrote:Let's be honest" the woman had a nice voice which made her famous. Other than this, she was always in and out of drug rehab. Obviously, she didn't love her profession which explains why she did chose to end her life thru a series of erratic drug consumption. Singing should be a sublime profession. People who sing should appreciate this profession and be higher than those who don't sing. Reality though had revealed the dark side of singers as many of them had died of drug overdose. It's time for the whole society to change and one way of doing this is by having music of the singers granted for free so that singers live like everyone of us - on limited income. i am happy that the internet had started granting us free music which will contribute to emptying the pockets of singers. the main problem is that singers can become millionaires in a whisk which spoils them and leads them to their death.

RIP Amy.

Do you usually spout nonsense or was your post a one-off?

Redeye69

Back to top Go down

Post  Be_nice2some1 Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:08 am

Are all you 'fans' saying how wonderful she was the same ones that were slating her, calling her a has-been & vilifying her a couple of weeks ago after she staggered around drunk on stage? I wonder...

Be_nice2some1

Back to top Go down

Post  2true Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:09 am

I really don't know about all this at all, we don't know how she died so I guess wrong to speculate about drugs but for me my sympathy is with Norway right now and we really need to get some perspective here, awful for the family but many other families are also grieving right now.

2true

Back to top Go down

Post  CarlyNotts Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:09 am

RIP Amy!!! thoughts are with the family! x

CarlyNotts

Back to top Go down

Post  cats-dogs-hamsters Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:10 am

her parents will be saying next her death had nothing to do with drugs

cats-dogs-hamsters

Back to top Go down

Post  -JADE Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:11 am

Such a terrible waste of a young life. Such a troubled soul, may she find the peace in death that she found so hard to find on earth. Go sing with the angels Amy

-JADE

Back to top Go down

Post  Daveth Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:11 am

Am i the only one who was not "shocked" or surprised by this. I think i even put her on my 2011 death list along with the likes of foresyth. Back to Black IS an amazing album and that will go on and on, whether she made more music or not.

Daveth

Back to top Go down

Post  Pricey420 Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:12 am

no drugs were found in the flat?? what about the last 10 years or so though I was not at all shocked when I heard the news

Pricey420

Back to top Go down

Post  freya1 Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:13 am

Whether you liked her or not, whether you were horrified by her drink and drug abuse, I think it would take somebody with a heart of stone not to feel sympathy for her parents at this time. Whatever else she may have been, she was still their daughter. I hope in time the pain eases for them a little

freya1

Back to top Go down

Post  Makinsense Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:13 am

Incerdible talent, terrible role model for the young of today.
Those who didn't see this coming must be taking as many drugs as she did.
Totally selfish act which now leaves her loved ones to pick up the pieces.
If her death does some good it may just take the glamour out of drug and booze binges amongst our so called celebrities.

Makinsense

Back to top Go down

Post  Lealeo Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:14 am

sounds like she just gave up! so very sad Sad RIP Amy

Lealeo

Back to top Go down

Post  Hari_Seldon Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:15 am

These "stars" calling her a genius are an embarrassment to their profession. She had some talent, but she was no Hendrix, Morrison or Joplin. She was a drug addict, an alcoholic and alone because of it. Let's just see how many so-called "stars" tell young people the truth about Amy.

Hari_Seldon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginger_pogue Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:15 am

R.I.P. x

Ginger_pogue

Back to top Go down

Post  ChelseyB Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:16 am

scary to think young girls want to be like her

ChelseyB

Back to top Go down

Post  Simonstore Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:16 am

Terrific outpouring of grief across the country.
Little children being dragged to Camden to mourn someone they never knew, grown women feeling her pain...its the Queen of Hearts show again.
The country is so depressed it will cry at the first opportunity!

Simonstore

Back to top Go down

Post  Follow_the_bear Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:17 am

Hari_Seldon wrote:These "stars" calling her a genius are an embarrassment to their profession. She had some talent, but she was no Hendrix, Morrison or Joplin. She was a drug addict, an alcoholic and alone because of it. Let's just see how many so-called "stars" tell young people the truth about Amy.

100% spot on.

Follow_the_bear

Back to top Go down

Post  world_to_rights Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:18 am

I do feel sorry for her family but I wasn't shocked at all when I heard, I doubt most people were. I have no sympathy for her though - she did this to herself and yes I'm sure her ex-husband was a loser junkie but she didn't have to stick around and take drugs with him - as an adult you make choices in life and this girl was nothing to look up to: she could have had everything but chose drugs, if anything there is a moral to this story that children should be made aware of.

world_to_rights

Back to top Go down

Post  Keddo Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:18 am

RIP Amy.......very sad your gone! x

Keddo

Back to top Go down

Post  Bringingmedown Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:19 am

I would not let me young impressionable child know who this was let alone dress up like her, she is a hardly child friendly.

Sad story but for her family to say: "
But Amy's family last night said reports she had bought cocaine, ketamine and ecstasy hours before she died were "nonsense". ....wake up!

Bringingmedown

Back to top Go down

Post  sam_red Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:19 am

Tragic end!!. But she was no role model to young women. A junkie who stuck with her loser junkie boyfreind is a role model for what young girls should not do!!!.

sam_red

Back to top Go down

Post  louisaJane Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:20 am

She chose to take drugs and alcohol in large quantities, knowing full well the consequences. I feel sorry for her of course, but she did have a choice. Let's just hope that some good will come out of this very sad situation and youngsters will realise that depending on drugs and alcohol is not glamorous. RIP Amy

louisaJane

Back to top Go down

Post  an1ta Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:21 am

RIP Amy my thoughts to your family at this time.....The rest of the people on here leaving nasty comments should be ashamed, her parents may well be reading this, You DISGUST ME

an1ta

Back to top Go down

Post  angiemc Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:22 am

world_to_rights wrote:I do feel sorry for her family but I wasn't shocked at all when I heard, I doubt most people were. I have no sympathy for her though - she did this to herself and yes I'm sure her ex-husband was a loser junkie but she didn't have to stick around and take drugs with him - as an adult you make choices in life and this girl was nothing to look up to: she could have had everything but chose drugs, if anything there is a moral to this story that children should be made aware of.

try waiting for the official cause of death so quick to judge,she took drugs previously so you have no sympathy,nobody knows what killed her yet,iv said it on here b4 its an illness,it could be all the drink she has had and if it is it isnt her fault as its an illness. why dont people blame the government they need all the revenue from alcohol and it causes more deaths than any other drug

angiemc

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:23 am

Hear me now. It goes without saying that it is incredibly sad when a 27 yr old dies, and especially as she appeared to be relatively lonely and without family and friends around here; she was clearly troubled. BUT, lets put things in perspective, it is pretty likely that she was the cause of her own death, in terms of what she pumped into herself. It wasn't my sort of music, but I am led to believe that was considered very gifted. She did however do this to herself, through her own choices. Although I have sympathy for her, I have an awful lot more sympathy for the hundreds of youngsters who die EVERY day, through the misfortune of having a serious terminal illness. And the irony of this is that they CAN be helped, by other people doing their bit - donor cards, giving blood etc. Rant over; RIP Amy, all the Norwegian peeps and EVERYONE who's life has unfortunately been cut short this weekend. Innit.

Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  joanna35 Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:23 am

I feel for her family they are the ones left behind to cope with the loss if you play chicken on the m1 chances are your going to be killed ........ same with drugs and alcohol abuse .......... she made her choice

joanna35

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:24 am

I agree with world_to_rights it says there found no drugs in the house. But I would bet any money all the drugs in she has taken in the past has done something to her body for it to shut down.

Nick

Back to top Go down

Post  Scottybee Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:25 am

There was a british soldier died this weekend whilst at war ..yet that didnt even make headlines.. some junkie died who made 1 half decent album and we all have to feel sorry for her!! well I dont... Icon - whatever

Scottybee

Back to top Go down

Post  alicia-- Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:26 am

I have to say I didn't particularly like her music and I certainly didn't like her lifestyle. I do not have a lot of patience with people who will not help themselves. However, I would not have a heart if I did not feel sympathy towards Amy and her family at this very sad time - of course I do, and I hope that she has finally the peace she didn't find during her too short life while she was here. I hope you rest in peace Amy

alicia--

Back to top Go down

Post  Ratty1234 Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:26 am

A real shame our Armed Forces can't get this much attention!! She was graced with a unique talent (not my cup of tea), but she chose to throw it away on drink & drugs.

only people i feel sorry for are her family.

Ratty1234

Back to top Go down

Post  Renata Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:27 am

To all the people who leave these cynical and cruel comments: would you react the same if it was someone close to you??? There's no need to hurt her family even more, have a heart.

Renata

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next