Coffee Break
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady GaGa accused of copying divas' styles

+75
exservice
Curlie
Utah247
tee666
mikie99
ReillyRocks
UnpC
Jesus
Blanclady
Shane
Charlotte
Ohryanz
SusanCoyote
Kycee
Debbie
Whirlingdervish
Mufc115
kelticwolf1
antisocial
Whosiwhatzit
Skysaw
InTheNameOfSanity
champagne_fizz
Starryeyed24
sean1986
Jb80538
Emmhary
1984AnimalFarm
wisekrazykath
Beagle-huskey
Mugenics
loyal-gooner
Linsell
Reggiex
Lornawanstall
tigernorm
Zebedi1
Shakedatbootay
Heneggs
MVB
Reddevil2011
The_Wisest
Perkunas
Golddigga360
Smugshot
Kyliandra
Stresshead
Religiousred
Rumnredbull
Eirene
Ginger_pogue
Don001
talktime
feline123
natasja76
spectator
TheEmirates
Pricey420
DARREN1
Swanhild
tishnoo
homunculus
Tomv87
Olsi
Blubbajee
Jstar70
2true
Flyboy247
benezah
theselecter
Drylaundry
cj123
JoannaS
Scanner
79 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Lady GaGa accused of copying divas' styles  Empty Lady GaGa accused of copying divas' styles

Post  Scanner Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:24 am

LADY GAGA is accused of not really being Born This Way and actually pinching her outfit ideas from other quirky divas.
Two singing legends have claimed the 25-year-old stole their signature styles.

Actress Bette Midler, 65, lashed out after GaGa dressed as a mermaid while in a wheelchair at a gig in Sydney last week. She tweeted: "I've been doing singing mermaid in a wheelchair since 1980. You can keep the meat dress and firecracker tits - the mermaid's mine."

Eighties star Grace Jones, 63, also claimed GaGa had copied her.

She said: "I've seen some of the things she's worn that I've worn and that kind of p***es me off."

Here are the looks Grace may be talking about...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/3706349/Lady-GaGa-is-accused-of-copying-the-styles-of-two-famous-divas.html
Scanner
Scanner

Back to top Go down

Lady GaGa accused of copying divas' styles  Empty Re: Lady GaGa accused of copying divas' styles

Post  JoannaS Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:54 pm

Anyone older that 25 knows that Gaga's style is nothing original. Grace Jones, Bette, Madonna, Bowie... any west end muscial, she's pilfered people's styles and made it part of her own. Younger kids who maybe don't remember the 70s and 80s might think she's original and a bit out there, but the older lot have seen all this before. But every generation needs someone wacky I guess.

JoannaS

Back to top Go down

Lady GaGa accused of copying divas' styles  Empty Re: Lady GaGa accused of copying divas' styles

Post  cj123 Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:54 pm

JoannaS wrote:Anyone older that 25 knows that Gaga's style is nothing original. Grace Jones, Bette, Madonna, Bowie... any west end muscial, she's pilfered people's styles and made it part of her own. Younger kids who maybe don't remember the 70s and 80s might think she's original and a bit out there, but the older lot have seen all this before. But every generation needs someone wacky I guess.

totally agree with you as GaGa is nothing new. Grace Jones when she was making music, making movies and slapping Russell Harty on TV was great, a real original and a true style icon

cj123

Back to top Go down

Post  Drylaundry Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:55 pm

Funny, I said this on Gaga's first album ( you guys are REAAALLY late )

Drylaundry

Back to top Go down

Post  theselecter Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:55 pm

and her music sounds like dreadful European disco! the sort of thing we used to laugh at during the euro vision song contest!

theselecter

Back to top Go down

Post  benezah Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:56 pm

and i like grace jones much better to.

benezah

Back to top Go down

Post  Flyboy247 Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:57 pm

Made me laugh 1st. time 'round, not funny now.......nuff said

Flyboy247

Back to top Go down

Post  2true Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:57 pm

When people are a huge success, only in this country do we try and knock them down it's such a shame.

2true

Back to top Go down

Post  Jstar70 Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:58 pm

Whats wrong with taking ideas from other stars..Don't moan about it appriecate it.xx

Jstar70

Back to top Go down

Post  Blubbajee Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:58 pm

She's hardly original in many respects!!

Blubbajee

Back to top Go down

Post  Olsi Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:59 pm

LADY GAGA IS A GREAT DIVA,RESPECT HER,SHE IS CHANGING THE INDUSTRY OF MUSIC SO STOP HATING HER

Olsi

Back to top Go down

Post  Tomv87 Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:59 pm

Theres taking your inspiration from someone and making it your own.......
......and then there is COPYING!!!

Tomv87

Back to top Go down

Post  homunculus Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:09 pm

First of all those bodysuits are blue, not purple. Secondly I think this woman needs to shut up; if Gaga were copying then the outfits would look identical, but they don't and she's not. Just another fool trying to gain publicity on the back of Lady Gaga.

homunculus

Back to top Go down

Post  tishnoo Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:10 pm

Lady gaga would be nothing if it wasnt for graces style and madonnas music.
Copying britney hardly seems appealing?

tishnoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Swanhild Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:11 pm

Everyone takes inspiration from people they admire. What is wrong with that?

Swanhild

Back to top Go down

Post  DARREN1 Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:11 pm

They're all barking mad and unnattractive whatever the outcome..........

DARREN1

Back to top Go down

Post  Pricey420 Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:12 pm

out of anyone in the world gaga would be the last person i would say is stealing fashion ideas lol who else dresses like her

Pricey420

Back to top Go down

Post  TheEmirates Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:13 pm

Lady Gaga has offended Peta (and their millions of followers) and now Bette Midler and Grace Jones. She is a copycat, an addictive attention seeker, most horrible looking diva and her music sucks. GET RID OF THIS CREATURE!!!

TheEmirates

Back to top Go down

Post  spectator Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:14 pm

Grace jones is the original inventor.

spectator

Back to top Go down

Post  natasja76 Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:15 pm

She probably would say she is inspired by them... Gaga always steals music and styles nothing new here...

natasja76

Back to top Go down

Post  feline123 Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:29 am

If she has copied them then they should be flattered. I dont think she has really. Maybe took a bit of inspiration here and there but thats about it.

feline123

Back to top Go down

Post  talktime Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:30 am

They both look like a pair of aliens from another planet. In 20 years time they will look back & think what a mess I looked. They obviously need the attention & as they haven't got any talent this is how they get it. Each to they're own.

talktime

Back to top Go down

Post  Don001 Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:31 am

I'm beginning to wonder what's more important to Miss Gaga......Her music or looking like she has just walked off a fetish movie, where is she really getting her hits from???

Don001

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginger_pogue Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:31 am

I'm not sure what's scarier, coming up with such ridiculous ideas or actually COPYING the nutters that came up with them originally.

Ginger_pogue

Back to top Go down

Post  TheEmirates Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:32 am

it is sooooo evident from the pics above that she is copying Grace Jones. im glad jones has come out and spoken the truth

TheEmirates

Back to top Go down

Post  DARREN1 Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:32 am

She'd fit in ok in the bar scene from Star Wars.......

DARREN1

Back to top Go down

Post  Eirene Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:33 am

Had assumed that GA GA was sporting a pair of pointy shoulder pads under the blue catsuit, then I looked again at the first photo .... lol

Eirene

Back to top Go down

Post  Rumnredbull Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:33 am

sorry, the majority of the population have been saying shes unoriginal and ripping people off since she started in the business. explain to me how this is a surprise to most of us?

Rumnredbull

Back to top Go down

Post  Religiousred Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:34 am

haha shes been found out

Religiousred

Back to top Go down

Post  Stresshead Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:35 am

That is neither here nor there. I know who I would rther see in those outfits... and it's neither Grace or Bette!

Stresshead

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyliandra Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:35 am

both Gaga and Grace Jones love high fashion and have/had designers making their outlandish outfits... any fashion house will look to past creations for inspiration

Plus they say that imitation is the highest form of flattery... Grace Jones is just jealous she no loger wears the crown for most freakily dressed! lol

Kyliandra

Back to top Go down

Post  Smugshot Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:36 am

I don't get her music, fashion, the point of it all. It must be a generation thing, cos i can identify with true divas but she rose too quick and too fast to attain such a high status.

Smugshot

Back to top Go down

Post  Golddigga360 Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:37 am

Good on Grace for being **** off with Gaga. Even though Bette did it, it still **** me off that Gaga thought the wheelchair look going to be good for her. I think it's quite an inconsiderate thing to do when you think of the many people who actually need to be a wheelchair and are not just using it for effect.

Golddigga360

Back to top Go down

Post  Perkunas Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:37 am

I'm no fan of either of them, but if Gaga had to start walking around in her birthday suit some nutter from some naturalist resort would say that she's copying their outfit.
How many appearances have both of these been to?
There's bound to be similarities in outfits with other nutters.
People complaining about it, is what these show people thrive on.

Perkunas

Back to top Go down

Post  The_Wisest Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:40 am

Maybe they should sign up for my new website freaksreunited.com

The_Wisest

Back to top Go down

Post  Reddevil2011 Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:41 am

She is a freak who isn't even original

Reddevil2011

Back to top Go down

Post  MVB Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:41 am

ha ha ha!! what a pair of rough trollops. which one is more gross?????

MVB

Back to top Go down

Post  Heneggs Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:42 am

She's areally ugly so has to wear outrageous outfits to hide her mug!
She's doing things to try and shock but seen it all before on the likes of Grace and Madonna...not original whatsoever!!

Heneggs

Back to top Go down

Post  Shakedatbootay Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:42 am

You just know she is a freak in the bedroom dont you!!? And for that reason....she gets a big thumbs up from me

Shakedatbootay

Back to top Go down

Post  Zebedi1 Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:43 am

I thought that she copied Madonna?

Make ya mind up!

Zebedi1

Back to top Go down

Post  tigernorm Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:44 am

gaga is a phoney for sure.

tigernorm

Back to top Go down

Post  Lornawanstall Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:44 am

Lady Gaga is an exhibitionist, she does things to shock people.. Ms Jones did the same in her day, but unlike Gaga,Ms Jones has got talent.
Swanhild: Maybe so, but imitation is not always a good sign of flattery..

Lornawanstall

Back to top Go down

Post  Reggiex Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:49 am

My god it's enough to put you off women for life!

Reggiex

Back to top Go down

Post  Linsell Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:50 am

Grace wins hands down for me. Quality

Linsell

Back to top Go down

Post  loyal-gooner Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:51 am

Okay, well as Lady Gaga is an Illuminati puppet anyway, you should blame the men in suits behind the drama who stick all this **** on her anyway.

loyal-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post  Don001 Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:51 am

She's a dis-grace!!! must we be her audience whilst she performs her S&M show... time and a place!

Don001

Back to top Go down

Post  Mugenics Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:52 am

copy cat

Mugenics

Back to top Go down

Post  Beagle-huskey Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:52 am

Get over it ladies, you do not have that style copywritten as far as anyone knows.

Beagle-huskey

Back to top Go down

Post  wisekrazykath Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:53 am

gaga is a talented lady but she as got echos of ...grace jones , madonna ,cher,christina agularia,kylie minogue....

wisekrazykath

Back to top Go down

Post  1984AnimalFarm Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:11 am

There is nothing original about her... she copies everything she is. Even her name was a ripoff of a Queen song. Check out Dale Bozzio in 1983. Her arrival in an egg was from a 1970s movie. She is doing what Japan did after the War. Copying everything from artists who are creative.

1984AnimalFarm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next