Coffee Break
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prince Dappy aiming high

+6
DARREN1
Ginger_pogue
scits1
Yardmanforlife
Topman-eazee
Scanner
10 posters

Go down

Prince Dappy aiming high  Empty Prince Dappy aiming high

Post  Scanner Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:19 am

WHAT do Kate and Pippa Middleton, Kurt Cobain, Liam Gallagher and Chris Brown all have in common?
Not much really, other than getting namechecks in N-Dubz star Dappy's debut solo single No Regrets.

He's no stranger to controversy and his fans will lap up the lyrics - they are pretty sharp.

He slipped into Bizarre HQ yesterday for a quick game of darts and to play me the single. He threw a bullseye for any arras fans... after 15 minutes of trying. The best lines include: "I'm a Prince and yes I will get the crown/Kate stays in my dungeon when her sister's round."

Dappy said: "I really want to earn the respect of an older audience.

"I don't think there's any shame in trying to write music that will be recognised by people I admire, like Adele. Even Bono.

"I have big goals. I want to have two No1 singles back-to-back as a solo artist."

Love them or hate them, more than 1.6million kids have invested their pocket money in N-Dubz albums over the last couple of years. So the little rascal has a good chance of a No1 single.

And he is even more determined to overshadow his peers Tinchy Stryder, Chipmunk and Tinie Tempah.

He said: "Those guys are my friends and they have set the mark really high for solo artists.

"I want to do better than them. There's nothing wrong with aiming high. They are friends but also competitors and I want to be the best."

No Regrets will be out on September 18.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/3706506/Prince-Dappy-aiming-high.html
Scanner
Scanner

Back to top Go down

Prince Dappy aiming high  Empty Re: Prince Dappy aiming high

Post  Topman-eazee Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:24 am

Go on my son... you got what it takes, and besides none will have to sing your chorus!!!

Topman-eazee

Back to top Go down

Post  Yardmanforlife Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:25 am

kidna wish him well now...he's changed

Yardmanforlife

Back to top Go down

Post  scits1 Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:25 am

these **** make me laugh they go on about writing music but in reality are "rappers" a fancy name for talking to music which is generally either written by someone else or sampled don't get me wrong in my comment if he can make millions from it then good luck to him but i hate it when someone want's to p*** on my shoes and tell you it's raining

scits1

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginger_pogue Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:26 am

The chance of you writing anything that would be recognised by Bono is about as likely as shaking hands with Elvis mate. Dream on.

Ginger_pogue

Back to top Go down

Post  DARREN1 Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:27 am

How many people thought about wanting to lob a dart at him???

DARREN1

Back to top Go down

Post  icon Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:27 am

WHAT happened to 'cracking America'?

icon

Back to top Go down

Post  Mattydj1976 Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:28 am

"Dappy" he even has a cartoon character sounding name, the man, his so called music, and his band are a joke. they peddle ridiculous songs with stupid lyrics that make no sense i.e Eeeeeyeeaaahhh,Na naniiiii,

They cannot sing or "Ahem" rap live, they cannot play instruments, they cannot dance, they have no talent what so ever. they should spend less time making up stupid names for themselves such as fazer, & dappy and wearing stupid wooly hats, chavy clothes & sunglasses indoors! and try to actually learn to sing, write lyrics and play live or leave the music scene alone, and go back to robbing cars and drinking cider on street corners.

but unfortuantely due to the british public's attitude towards music i know there rubbish will continue to be purchased and played on chavy radio stations accross the land.

Mattydj1976

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:28 am

Nice photo I so would like him to stay where he was so I could go for double sixteen

Mark

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:29 am

"Recchhh!" Sorry, I saw dappy and did a little bit of sick in my mouth

Dan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down